[ Back ]
- Arizona State University (Ph.D., 2013, Kinesiology)
- Taiwan Normal University (M.Ed, 2006, Physical Education)
- Tainan Teachers College (B.Ed., 1999, Elementary Education; Physical Education minor)
Areas of Research
Exercise Neuroscience in Special Populations (e.g., intellectual disabilities, Down syndrome, Autism)
- The Effectiveness of Exercise on Cognitive and Motor functions
- The Affective Responses to Exercise
- The Relationship between Exercise and Sleep
Areas of Teaching
- Motor and Developmental Learning
- Adapted Physical Education
- Exercise Psychology
- Chen, C.-C.(J.J.), Ringenbach, S.D.R. Crews, D., Kulinna, P., & Amazeen, E. (2015). The association between a single bout of moderate physical activity and executive function in young adults with Down syndrome: A preliminary study, Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 59(7), 589-598.
- Ringenbach, S.D.R., Zimmerman, K., Chen, C.C., Mulvey, G.M., Weeks, D.J., & Michael, H.T. (2014). Adults with Down syndrome performed repetitive movements fast with continuous music cues, Journal of Motor Learning and Development, 2(3), 47-54.
- Chen, C.-C.(J.J.), Ringenbach, S.D.R, & Snow, M. (2014). Treadmill Walking Effects on Grip Strength in Young Men with Down Syndrome. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 35, 288-293.
- Chen, C.-C.(JJ), Spanò, G., & Edgin, J. (2013). The Impact of Sleep Disruption on Executive Function in Down Syndrome. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 34, 2033-2039.
- International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity (IFAPA)
- North America Society for Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (NASPSPA)
- American College of Sport Medicine (ACSM)