[ Back ]
- Mississippi State University (Ph.D., 2015; Nutrition)
- University of Memphis (M.S., 2012; Exercise Science)
- University of Memphis (B.S., 2010; Exercise Science)
- Monroe Community College (A.S., 2006; Liberal Arts)
Areas of Research
- Acute and chronic nutritional interventions in relation to health and performance
- Oxidative stress and inflammation in relation to metabolic and cardiovascular health
Areas of Teaching
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Exercise and Weight Control
- Fitness Testing and Programs
- Smith, JW; Holmes, ME; McAllister, MJ. Nutritional Considerations for Performance in Young Athletes; Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 2015, Article ID 734649, 13 pages, 2015. doi:10.1155/2015/734649.
- Huang, CJ; McAllister, MJ; Slusher, AL; Webb, H; Mock, T; Acevedo, E. Obesity-Related Oxidative Stress: The Impact of Physical Activity and Diet Manipulation. Sports Medicine-Open, (2015); doi 10.1186/s40798-015-0031-y.
- Slusher, AL; McAllister, MJ; Huang, CJ. The Therapeutic Role of Vitamin D on Obesity-Associated Inflammation and Weight-Loss Intervention; Inflammation research, (2015) doi: 10.1007/s00011-015-0847-4.
- McAllister, MJ; Hammond, KG; Schilling, BK; Ferreria, LC; Reed, JP; and Weiss, LW. Muscle Activation During Various Hamstring Exercises. J Strength Cond Res 2014 Jun;28(6):1573-80.
- McAllister, MJ; Schilling, BK; Hammond, KG; Weiss, L; and Farney, TM. Effect of Grip Width on Electromyographic Activity During the Upright Row. J Strength Cond Res 2013, Jan; 27(1).
- American College of Sports Medicine